The BusinessClub™ program ("Program") and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company (“IHGSC”) and its subsidiaries and affiliates which are companies of the InterContinental® Hotels Group (“IHG Companies”), or which operate their hotel under a franchise agreement with an IHG Company. Hotel brands currently participating in the Program include InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Garden Court®, Staybridge Suites® and Hotel Indigo®. Brands may be added or deleted at the sole discretion of IHGSC. Please click here to consult the list of all participating IHG hotels (“Participating Hotels”). The list of Participating Hotels may be amended at any time at IHGSC’s sole discretion.
Entrants’ attention is drawn to sections 1, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13 of these Terms and Conditions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The BusinessClub free prize draw (“Prize Draw”) is open to persons who are (i) resident in the European Union (excluding Belgium, Norway, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain and Portugal), Middle East & Africa AND (ii) aged 18 years and over on 1st October 2012; AND (iii) who are BusinessClub members and who receive an email invitation to participate. Employees of InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company and its parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions and Promoter’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Prize Draw. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, and entries which do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
2. Promoter: InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company, Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, United Kingdom.
3. Timing: The Prize Draw is open from 09:00 BST on 28th November 2013 until 08:00 BST on 6th December 2013 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries received after the Promotional Period will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must during the Promotional Period, follow the links and instructions contained in your email invitation to take the BusinessClub member survey then complete the survey and submit it. Entrants are responsible for ensuring their details are registered correctly. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Prize Draw. The survey must be completed within seven (7) days from date the original email invitation is sent and not later than December 5, 2013 for you to receive a Prize Draw entry.
5. Limitation on Entries: Each entrant may enter the Prize Draw once during the Promotional Period. Multiple entries are not permitted. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the one entry into the Prize Draw by using multiple identities will void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified without notice, at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
6. Selection of the Winner: Promoter’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Prize Draw and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Prize Draw. Promoter will randomly select the potential Prize Draw winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period, on or about December 9, 2013. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. All winners will be required to provide their BusinessClub account number within the survey in order for the prize to be awarded. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled by depositing BusinessClub points into the members account within 14 business days following notification. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into by the judge or the Promoter.
7. Prizes: The first five (5) winners drawn will receive 25,000 BusinessClub points. Approximate Retail Value: £17.50 Amazon voucher. The next ten (10) winners drawn will receive 7,500 IHG® Business Club points. Approximate Retail Value: £5.30 Amazon voucher.
Any prize will be credited directly into the winner’s BusinessClub account. The credited points may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the BusinessClub Membership Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at [www.IHGRewardsClub.com]. No alternative prizes will be awarded and there are no cash alternatives to the Prizes. The Prizes are not transferable unless agreed in writing by the Promoter. Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value if the Prize should become unavailable for any reason. In some countries, winners of prize promotions are required to pay tax on their prize. The winners are responsible for any and all such taxes. The winners are also responsible for all costs, charges, expenses or fees associated with Prize receipt and/or participation (and the Promoter assumes no responsibility and is not liable for such costs), including but not limited to any costs of travel and all other expenses in association with the Prize.
8. Release: By acceptance of the Prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Promoter and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/ promotion agencies and their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to damage to or loss of property, (excluding personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the Promoter) arising out of participation in the Prize Draw or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
9. Limitations of Liability: All entrants agree that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Prize Draw; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in internet connection, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer resulting from participating in this promotion, mistranscribed data, or applications which are delayed or not received; (3) unauthorised human intervention or human error which may occur in the administration of the Prize Draw or the processing of entries; or (4) (to the extent permitted by law) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the entrant’s participation in the Prize Draw. Nothing in this section 9 shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or anything else excluded by law.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Prize Draw constitutes winner’s consent to the Promoter’s and its agents’ use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Prize Draw, or any part of it, and/or review and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Where possible Promoter will notify entrants of any amendments. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. Entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such amendments unless they advise otherwise. In the event of cancellation, no further prizes will be awarded. In no event will more prizes be awarded than stated in these Terms and Conditions. Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Promoter. Any suspected use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner's or entrants’ statutory rights as a consumer.
12. Disputes: This promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14. Winner List: Winner list requests may be sent to Promoter at the above address, attention: BusinessClub Team, InterContinental Hotels Group PLC, Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, UK but will only be accepted after the end of the Promotional Periods (listed above) and no later than 15th December 2013.
1. Program Sponsor. The Program is operated by InterContinental Hotels Group Services Company, with offices at Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckinghamshire UB9 5HR, United Kingdom and is administered in its name and on its behalf by International Customer Loyalty Programmes PLC, with offices at 19 Bartlett Street, South Croydon, CR2 6TB , United Kingdom (“ICLP”).
2. Program Assignment. The rights and obligations of IHGSC under the Program may be assigned or transferred by IHGSC to any other related or unrelated entity at any time, and performance thereafter shall be the responsibility of that entity.
3. Program Availability and Termination. IHGSC reserves the right to restrict, suspend, discontinue or cancel part or the whole of this Program upon 30 days written notice posted on the BusinessClub™ Website and sent to the email address of all Active Members (the “Termination Notice”). No further claims for points will be accepted after the date of the Termination Notice and any claims made but not approved by that date will be deemed invalid and declined. Members may redeem earned points for rewards up to 90 days after the date of the Termination Notice. Points not redeemed thereafter will be forfeited. An Active Member is defined as any member having points activity (accrual or redemption) within the last 24 months.
4. Changes in Terms and Conditions. IHGSC reserves the right to change, limit, modify or cancel Program terms and conditions, benefits, conditions of participation, rewards and reward levels in whole or part at any time, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated. Members will be bound by any such changes.
5. Notice of Changes. Any such changes will be shown in these terms and conditions on the BusinessClub™ Website at www.businessclub.ihg.com and will be effective immediately unless stated otherwise. IHGSC will attempt to notify Active Members of Program changes, but will not be liable for failure to do so, and all members will nevertheless be bound.
6. Restrictions. Participation in the Program and the awarding of incentives are void when prohibited by law (including, for the avoidance of doubt, United Kingdom and United States bribery laws which apply internationally) and subject to any applicable government regulations. Some employers, by policy, may prohibit or restrict employee participation in the Program. IHGSC assumes no responsibility or liability for compliance with these policies. Members are informed that participation in the Program may require prior approval of their employer, and that it is the members’ responsibility to obtain such prior approval. Members will be asked to confirm prior approval upon enrolment into the Program.
7. Restricted by Law. This Program or participation therein is not valid and/or the awarding of BusinessClub™ points and/or the grant of rewards is void where prohibited or restricted by law in the country of the member's domicile.
8. Program Violations. Program violations, fraud or abuse is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and by IHGSC, including, without limitation, the forfeiture of all point transfers, rewards, or merchandise issued pursuant to point redemptions and any accrued points in a member’s account, as well as cancellation of the account and the member’s future participation in the Program.
9. Program Interpretation. Interpretations of Program terms and conditions shall be at the sole discretion of IHGSC. The decision of IHGSC is binding on all matters concerning the Program. Neither the Program nor any benefit offered by the Program creates, constitutes or gives rise to any legal or contractual rights by members against IHGSC or any other IHG Company.
10. Restrictions. Any accommodation, meetings or other services booked, for which points are claimed and awarded hereunder are subject to the Participating Hotel’s terms and conditions. The Program cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or rewards program, other than IHG® Rewards Club.
1. Conditions. To be eligible for membership under the Program, the following conditions must be met:
• The member must be a corporate booker, meaning that the member must be an individual who books guest and meeting rooms in hotels for and on behalf of his or her employer, for business purposes only.
• The member must be at least 18 years of age.
• The member’s employer must have its registered seat, domicile or branch in a Participating Country.
• Enrolment into the Program occurs exclusively by invitation of a Participating Hotel.
• Bookings must be made either directly with the Participating Hotel or at www.IHG.com or with an IHG call reservation centre. Bookings made via third parties will not qualify for the Program and will be declined by the Participating Hotel
2. Exclusions. The following persons are not allowed to participate to the Program:
• Employees of an IHG Company, or an IHG franchisee or ICLP.
• Travel agents and conference agents.
• Corporate bookers under IHG Key Negotiated Rate (“KNR”) agreement thus benefiting from a corporate discount rate
• Employees of employers that do not have their registered seat, domicile or branch in a Participating Country.
Members are allowed only one account per member.
3. Participating Countries. Countries in which the Program is available (“Participating Countries”) are The United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Austria, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, The Netherlands, Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Luxemburg, Lithuania, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovakia, Italy, Finland, Hungary, Denmark, Turkey, India, Israel, Uzbekistan, Kuwait, The UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, Oman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Switzerland, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Australia, NewZealand and South Africa. The list of Participating Countries is subject to changes by simple notice posted on the BusinessClub™ Website, at IHGSC’s discretion. Members will be enrolled into the national program of the Participating Country of the registered seat, domicile or branch of their employer.
4. Registration Process. Members are registered by hotel staff or by BusinessClub™ Member Services. On registration, member will be sent a login and password by email. Upon receipt of this information, member must complete the mandatory registration details online at www.businessclub.ihg.com and confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions. Member must confirm permission of his or her employer to enrol into and benefit from the Program.
5. Tier Levels. The Program has two tier levels, Silver and Gold. New members are enrolled into Silver tier level. Gold membership will be awarded to members having spent €10,000 in a 12 month period. Once members have earned Gold tier level, they will maintain such tier level for one year, starting from the month following the month in the course of which they acquired Gold tier level. To keep Gold tier level, members must have spent at least €10,000 by the anniversary date of acquiring Gold tier level. Members who fail to earn sufficient points will be downgraded back to Silver tier level. Gold members will receive a 15% bonus on all base points earned during the period in which they are BusinessClub Gold members. Gold members are eligible for a 25% discount on Food & Beverages in Participating Hotels in The United Kingdom and Germany.
6. Change of Employer. Members who change employers must update their contact details online and confirm permission of their new employer to enrol into and benefit from the Program within 30 calendar days of the change. Members keep points earned upon changing employers.
7. Cancellation of Membership by IHGSC. IHGSC may cancel any Program membership and revoke any and all unredeemed points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to: 1) violation of these terms and conditions; 2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Program; 3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership benefits; 4) failure to pay for hotel charges; 5) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Program; 6) more than one active account per member; or 7) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Program, as may be determined by IHGSC in its sole discretion. Cancellation hereunder will be forthwith, by simple notice of IHGSC to the member concerned, and all points earned will be forfeited.
8. Termination of Membership by Member. Members may cancel their membership by written notice to BusinessClub™ Member Services. Members will have 30 days from the receipt of notice of termination to redeem their points. All unredeemed points will be forfeited after this date.
9. Lapsed Accounts. Any account which remains inactive for 24 consecutive months will be deemed to have expired and any unredeemed or unclaimed points will be void. Members may re-activate their lapsed account, but the previous points balance will not be re-instated.
1. Award of Points. Points are awarded to members and added to their account on the basis of points for every Euro spent (points vary in different countries and currency is equivalent to the prevailing rate of exchange as displayed on the BusinessClub™ Website) of Qualifying Spend at Participating Hotels. Qualifying Spend includes expenditure relating to overnight stays, meetings, conference rooms, food & beverage services linked to meetings and all-inclusive meeting packages, excluding taxes, which have been paid in full. Points are not awarded on fractions of Euros. Qualifying Spend excludes taxes, gratuities, concierge and other hotel incidentals, and non-hotel expenditures booked and paid for through the Participating Hotel. Points are only awarded on corporate bookings. Leisure bookings are not eligible. Points are not awarded on cancelled bookings or bookings which have not been paid in full.
2. Points Have no Value. Points are not redeemable for cash or any other form of credit and have no value until presented for redemption in accordance with the Program terms and conditions. Points have no fixed or ascertainable cash value. Members have no ownership interest in accrued points and accrued points are not the property of the members. Use of the word "earn" in these terms and conditions and in marketing materials in relation to points shall mean "collect" and shall not infer that the points have any value until they are presented for redemption. Points may not be purchased or sold and are not transferable except as otherwise stated herein.
3. Points Adjustments. Points listed in a member’s account are subject to change to reflect actual spend, any adjustments and Program changes. Members who believe that their account activity statement is inaccurate must contact the BusinessClub™ Member Services. Point adjustments will not be made more than 45 days after the last day of the event to which the claimed points relate. Members must keep all hotel receipts and invoices for their records, as they will be required for point adjustment requests.
4. Points Transfers. A member may transfer points from his or her account to another member's account, provided that both members are employed by the same employer on the date of the transfer. The transfer is free of charge and there is no maximum or minimum transfer amount. The transfer must be made by the transferring member via the secure area of the BusinessClub™ Website. The transferred points will be deducted from the transferring member’s account and credited to the beneficiary member’s account.
5. Validity of Points. Points never expire, save in the event that a member’s account lapses, is cancelled, or that the Program is terminated.
6. Claim of Points. Points can only be claimed once in respect of an event. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes events which have been booked by an agency through the BusinessClubAGENT scheme. Any subsequent claim of points for the same event will be rejected. In the event of a dispute between members who claim points for the same event, IHGSC will decide in its sole discretion to which member points are allocated and in which proportion. This decision will be final and binding on the members concerned.
Claims must be made within 45 days after the last day of the event to which they relate. Points will not be awarded for claims made after that date. To claim points, members must register all Qualifying Spend on the BusinessClub™ Website using the BusinessClub™ Points Claim Form. Upon submission of the BusinessClub™ Points Claim Form, the Participating Hotel concerned is informed of the claim and has 28 days to approve or reject the points claimed. Claims for points submitted by members, but not yet approved or rejected by the Participating Hotel, will be listed as “awaiting approval”. Points for these claims will not be awarded until the claim is “approved” by the Participating Hotel. If the Participating Hotel declines the claim, the member will be notified of the decision and may appeal via BusinessClub™ Member Services within no more than 28 days from the notification date of the rejection. Members failing to appeal will be deemed to have accepted the rejection. If the Participating Hotel approves the claim, the corresponding points will be added to the member’s account. If the Participating Hotel fails to decide on the claim within 28 days of the claim date, the claim will be deemed accepted and the corresponding points will be added to the member’s account.
7. Retrospective Claims on Joining. Upon enrolment, members may claim points for events at Participating Hotels, provided that the event(s) took place within 30 days preceding the date of activation for BusinessClub™ membership and that the claim must be made within 45 days after the last day of the event to which it relates.
8. Redeemed Points. Points listed as “redeemed” are deducted from a member’s account and can no longer be redeemed or transferred.
9. Exchange Rate. The rate of exchange used for the conversion into Euros of Qualifying Spend made in a different currency, for the purpose of calculating the number of points to which a member is entitled, is the rate of www.xe.com and published annually on www.businessclub.ihg.com. A rate remains in force until publication of the new rate occurs. Such currency information is believed to be accurate, but IHGSC and/or any other IHG Company do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. The calculation of the number of points on the basis of these currency exchange rates is final and binding on members and cannot be challenged.
1. Redeeming Points for Rewards. Members may redeem their points for rewards online at www.businessclub.ihg.com, using the BusinessClub™ Rewards Claim Form, or by email to BusinessClub™ Member Services. Rewards are offered by different independent merchants, who may vary by Participating Country of membership and may vary from time to time (“Redemption Partners”). The available Redemption Partners and the points required for the rewards will be detailed on the BusinessClub™ Website. Rewards offered in the form of e-vouchers will only be available in Euros, GBP and most local currencies of participating hotels. Members must have the required number of points in their account prior to redeeming points for rewards. IHGSC reserves the right to delete, add, modify or substitute rewards or award selections in this Program at any time.
2. E-Vouchers as Rewards. E-Vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions and restrictions imposed by the Redemption Partners, where they can be redeemed. The number of points required for e-vouchers are subject to change at any time. E-Vouchers are valid only at retail locations or at the online store of the Redemption Partner concerned and have no cash value. E-Vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged. Expired, lost or stolen e-vouchers cannot be reissued. The choice of e-vouchers is subject to change without notice. E-Vouchers are void where prohibited. All e-vouchers must be redeemed in accordance with the procedures specified on the e-voucher or other procedures specified by the Redemption Partner concerned. E-Vouchers are only valid for the individual mentioned on the e-voucher and are not transferable. E-Vouchers may not be redeemed for cash or any other form of credit. Identification may be required for e-voucher redemption. Unused portions of partially redeemed e-vouchers shall be considered void and fully redeemed. Change will not be given for partially used e-vouchers. E-Vouchers must be used by the stated expiration date, or they will have no value and cannot be presented for redemption.
3. Limitation of Liability. IHGSC, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and agents make no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied, with respect to rewards, and shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees), accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such rewards or as a result of any defect or failure of such rewards. Any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are specifically disclaimed.
4. Tax Liability. Points or rewards received through participation may be subject to tax liability. All tax liability, including and without limitation disclosure connected with the receipt and/or use of points or rewards, is the responsibility of the member.
5. Independent Contractors. Redemption Partners are independent contractors. Nothing herein or in any other materials related to the Program is intended or shall be construed as establishing any agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship between IHGSC or any other IHG Company and Redemption Partners, including and without limitation the use of the word "partner". IHGSC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and agents are not responsible or liable for the conduct of Redemption Partners and/or their programs or services, including and without limitation any changes or discontinuances of their services or the delivery of products or services offered by them.
Former IHG Corporate Bookers Programs. Members already enrolled in a corporate bookers program promoted by an IHG Company at the entry into force of this Program will enter this Program at the corresponding tier of their existing program, if their existing program had tiers. If their existing program was not tiered, they will enter this Program at the tier corresponding to their points balance (converted into points of this Program at the discretion of IHG PLC) or as directed by IHGSC.
In Finland, points on meetings are only granted on meetings sold at the standard 24 hour delegate rates or 8 hour day delegate rates (meeting room and food and beverage included in the package rates).
1. Data Protection. Any personal information (including but not limited to a member’s name, mailing address, telephone number and email address) provided by a member to IHGSC or ICLP, either when applying for membership of the Program or by continuing to exercise the privileges of membership of the Program, will be stored electronically and used for the administration of the Program. In order for IHGSC and ICLP to fulfil their obligations under the Program, the member accepts and consents to the fact that personal information; (i) shall be processed by IHGSC and/or ICLP, in their capacity as a data controllers (as registered with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998) and/or their subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees, and (ii) may be transferred worldwide to any third parties with which IHGSC or ICLP are affiliated within the scope of the Program or to third parties to process the personal information on IHGSC’s or ICLP’s behalf or where required by applicable law or in the event of a company reorganisation, merger or acquisition for use of such information for the administration of membership records, guest services, advertising, marketing and communication purposes. A copy of the IHG privacy statement can be viewed online at www.ihg.com.
2. Communications to Members. IHGSC, ICLP or any of the IHG Companies may contact members for marketing purposes by mail, fax, telephone or email.
3. Right of Access to Data. Members have a right of access to their personal information held by IHGSC, ICLP or any of the IHG Companies by sending a written request to INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAMMES PLC. 520 Fulham Road, London SW6 5NJ.
We may store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site. We do this to ensure that your browsing experience is as simple as possible and to retain your personal information. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.